We understand that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and data. We seek to only request data that is essential for us to deliver the services we provide and to seek your feedback on the quality of service we have delivered. We do not pass your information onto any third parties unless it is necessary for the fulfillment of our services. This document sets out our policy on how we will use and protect your personal information.
How we collect data
The data we collect is provided to us by you. It is collected when:
- you complete forms or leave a comment on our website
- you provide information to us in an email or a letter
- you provide information to us by telephone
- you tell us in person.
Information we collect
The personal information we collect includes the following:
Personal Information required to complete a form or leave a comment on our website:
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
The following personal information is required when purchasing images or booking one of our workshops:
- Your Name (plus the name of the recipient if you are ordering on behalf of a third party)
- Your normal residential address (plus the delivery address if it is different)
- Your email address (plus the email address of the recipient of an order if it is different to your own)
- Your telephone number (plus the telephone number of the recipient if it is different)
- The names of all people taking the workshop or tour (if you are booking for multiple people)
- Any additional information you wish to provide that you feel is pertinent for us to know (e.g. for workshop attendees this may include food or other allergies, dietary requirements, special requirements, mobility limitations, etc.)
- If you provide Credit/debit card details over the telephone or in-person these will be entered into our secure payment system. We will not hold your card details other than within the secure payment system. We request that you DO NOT provide card details by email.
How we store your data and keep it secure
We take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to store your information in a secure manner and prevent its loss or misuse.
Your data is stored on a secure database that is fully compliant with the GDPR data rules.
All credit and debit card data is kept secure with the PCI level 1 compliance of FabPay, Stripe and PCI Card Storage.
Where you choose to pay us by credit or debit card using our processing terminal, we will have a printed receipt slip that contains details of the amount paid and some card details. This receipt slip is kept in a secure location and can only be accessed by authorised personnel. The slip is kept separately from any other information that could identify the card as belonging to an individual. Card payment slips are only kept for as long as is reasonable and destroyed using a security grade shredder.
For workshops, we may require you to verify your identity and booking details by signing a printed registration form that includes the personal information you (or your representative) have provided. This registration form is kept in a secure location and can only be accessed by authorised personnel. This form is only kept for as long as is reasonable and destroyed using a security grade shredder.
Using your personal information
The personal information provided to us will only be used in connection with the services we are providing to you and is intended to improve your experience.
We may use your personal information to:
- Process your order and provide confirmation details
- Obtain payments for our services via credit/debit card
- Respond to any questions or comments via e-mail, telephone or post.
- Provide information that may be useful to you
- Request feedback about your experience with us. This is sometimes done in conjunction with third parties such as TripAdvisor and Free-to-book.
- Return any items that you may forget to take with you after attending a workshop
We produce a newsletter approximately 12 times per year, however, this newsletter is only sent to people who have specifically opted in to receive this. You will not be subscribed unless you make a specific request. If you do join our mailing list you can unsubscribe at any time and an unsubscribe link is included in all newsletters.
Disclosures and Data Storage
We will not store or process your personal information outside the United Kingdom. Other than this, we may disclose your personal data as required by law to any third parties.
We consider obtaining feedback about your workshop or the quality of our products as part of the service we provide. To this end, we may supply your email address to third parties (including TripAdvisor and Freetobook) for the sole purpose of obtaining this feedback. You are under no obligation to provide feedback, and you will only receive 1 email from each of our review partners. If you do provide feedback this may be used for marketing purposes, but we will not disclose any of your personal information.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you do not want information collected through the use of these technologies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that enable you to automatically decline many of these technologies or to be given the choice of declining or accepting them.
You may request that we provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The payment of a fee (currently £10)
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity ( e.g. a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)
You also have the right to request that we delete and destroy your personal data. Subject to providing evidence of your identity (see above) we will be happy to comply with a request to delete your data.
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites and you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.